secret room seems to softlock the game. Just locks up at the transition to the caves when activating the boat. Otherwise, fun game.
Spooksville, USA - the sequel to HECK HOUSE
...hello my li'l Chilliminauts!
The boys are invited to be guests of honor at a convention in the small town of Spoaksville, MA, just outside of Boston - but when they arrive, they find the town mysteriously empty! Stranded overnight in a ghost town, they will have to explore everywhere, collect random junk, use them to uncover the secret agenda of the town's missing denizens, and find a way to escape - possibly saving the world in the process!
SPOOKSVILLE, USA is the long-awaited sequel to HECK HOUSE - a Chilluminati Adventure! Featuring the three handsome hosts of the Chilluminati Podcast: Jesse Cox, Alex Faciane, and Mike "Mathas" Martin in a spook/silly (spoolly?) adventure game set in the (fictional) town of Spoaksville, Ma.
Featuring upgrades from the original game:
- Higher Resolution! We've doubled the screen size!
- More colors! We've upgraded to a 32-color palette, instead of the 16 colors used in the original!
- Better graphics! Sprites and environments are larger and more detailed.
- New inventory system! Instead of just having the item(s) get used automatically from your inventory, you choose which item to use where!
- Interface improvements! Better menus and controls!
- A Save feature! Save anywhere!
- Multiple endings!
HOW TO PLAY:
- Movement: WASD or Arrow Keys
- Check/Interact/Use Items (from Inventory): Z
- Switch Characters: C
- Pause/View Menu: P
- View Inventory: I
- Help/Show Exits: /
- Volume Up, Down, Mute: (Numpad) +, -, 0
Both Heck House and Spooksville, USA are FREE to play and download - but tips/donations are greatly appreciated.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is a huge improvement over the first one :D
It for some reason didn't detect the keyboard of my Notebook, though my controller works fine. It also needs some dynamic resizing of the characters for perspective/distance from the screen. Although Jesse standing in front of a HUGE stove is pretty funny I have to say.