Reminds me of walking down the street to the local video store and renting NES games to find the hidden gem. This is that hidden gem!
Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition
A downloadable game for Windows
Trouble in Antarctica!
The Black Hand of Fate, an international Terrorist Group has constructed a secret base within the heart of a Volcano, and have built a massive army of bio-engineered soldiers and genetic monsters to take over the world! You are the only one that can put a stop to their dastardly plans. You are the Blasting Agent!
- Classic jump-and-shoot gameplay
- A variety of levels, enemies, and secrets
- Challenging and unique boss fights
- Collectible upgrades and power-ups
- Unlockable Hard Mode with costume rewards
- Standalone executable - no more playing in the browser!
- Fullscreen mode
- Gamepad support
- Better framerate, tweaked and enhanced graphics and interfaces (while still staying true to the original game)
- NEW Content: brand-new levels, bosses, power-ups, costumes, and music from the original composer
How to Play
- Arrow Keys to Move
- X to Jump
- C to Shoot
- P to Pause
- Up to Enter Doors
- Doors act as Checkpoints: if you die, you are returned to the last door you passed through
- Collect Gold and Defeat Enemies in each level to earn Rewards. Collect at least 90% of the gold and defeat 90% of the enemies to unlock a new power-up in each level. Collect 100% in Hard Mode to unlock a costume from each level.
- Keybindings and Gamepads configurable in-game
- A working Windows PC
- Keyboard + Mouse
- Gamepad (Optional)
Released in December, 2009 as a Flash game, the original Blasting Agent was one of the first games made with the first version of Flixel - an ActionScript 3 game framework. It was was praised by fans and won 3rd place in Newground's Flixel February contest in 2010.
Now, the game has been converted over to HaxeFlixel, a cross-platform, open source, free game development framework, retouched, tweaked, and cleaned up to create the definitive version of this classic game.
Music by Kristian "Bunnymajs" Caldwell
Additional Music by Fat Bard
Additional Artwork by Ben Severs & Tim Snyder
Made in St Louis, Missouri by Axol Studio
|Published||1 year ago|
|Release date||1 year ago|
|Tags||2D, Action-Adventure, Boss battle, chiptune, Controller, jumping, Pixel Art, Sci-fi, Side Scroller, Singleplayer|
|Average duration||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
If you like Mega Man-style running, gunning, and jumping, Blasting Agent is a lot of fun. Dare I say, a blast? It's a lot of fun to just run through levels blasting at everything that moves, or if you're wanting to explore more, collect as much gold and defeat as many enemies as possible.
GREAT GAME! tons of retro jump-and-shoot goodness! great soundtrack and well designed levels and bosses!