Trouble in Antarctica!
The Black Hand of Fate, an international Terrorist Group has constructed a secret base within the heart of a Volcano, and have built a massive army of bio-engineered soldiers and genetic monsters to take over the world! You are the only one that can put a stop to their dastardly plans. You are the Blasting Agent!
- Classic jump-and-shoot gameplay
- A variety of levels, enemies, and secrets
- Challenging and unique boss fights
- Collectible upgrades and power-ups
- Unlockable Hard Mode with costume rewards
- Standalone executable - no more playing in the browser!
- Fullscreen mode
- Gamepad support
- Better framerate, tweaked and enhanced graphics and interfaces (while still staying true to the original game)
- NEW Content: brand-new levels, bosses, power-ups, costumes, and music from the original composer
How to Play
- Arrow Keys to Move
- X to Jump
- C to Shoot
- P to Pause
- Up to Enter Doors
- Doors act as Checkpoints: if you die, you are returned to the last door you passed through
- Collect Gold and Defeat Enemies in each level to earn Rewards. Collect at least 90% of the gold and defeat 90% of the enemies to unlock a new power-up in each level. Collect 100% in Hard Mode to unlock a costume from each level.
- Keybindings and Gamepads configurable in-game
- A working Windows PC
- Keyboard + Mouse
- Gamepad (Optional)
Released in December, 2009 as a Flash game, the original Blasting Agent was one of the first games made with the first version of
Flixel - an ActionScript 3 game framework. It was was praised by fans and won 3rd place in Newground's Flixel February contest in 2010.
Now, the game has been converted over to
HaxeFlixel, a cross-platform, open source, free game development framework, retouched, tweaked, and cleaned up to create the definitive version of this classic game.
Tim I Hely & Robert Lupinek
Kristian "Bunnymajs" Caldwell
Additional Music by
Additional Artwork by Ben Severs & Tim Snyder
St Louis, Missouri by Axol Studio